What do we use your personal data for?
We always want to find something that suits you. Then it is useful that we know you well. That is why we would like to know and use your personal data. That's called 'processing'.
Below we explain what we may use your data for and why. This is called processing basis .
Execution of agreement (matching)
We use your personal data to do the following:
- Show your question or offer on the website
- Contact you
- Sending you a question that matches what you can offer
- Send you an offer that matches your needs
- Inform you about the status of your supply or demand
- Ensuring that you can contact others yourself by responding to questions or offers via the websites
- Show your demand, offer or both on the national platform of NLvoorelkaar and on all local websites (the partners that are affiliated with us). Want to know more about this? >
We want to connect people with a profile on one of our websites. We do this by sharing the question or offer you have created via our API partners, social media or both. We do not show your address. We only show the region of supply or demand. If you want to learn more about our API partners and what they do, you can read it here > .
If you do not want to provide this personal data to us, or if you do not want us to process this data, then:
- we may no longer be able to provide you (matching) services
- we don't know if we can make a good match
- may we deny or restrict you access to the matching platform
- can we terminate our agreement with you
- can we terminate your use of the matching platform
You can find more information about this topic in our terms and conditions
We may process personal data if this is necessary to be able to do our work properly. We then have what is called a 'legitimate interest'. We may only process personal data if it does not affect the people whose data we process. Legitimate interest also means 'safe'. We think it is important that people feel safe when they use the websites. We therefore check the new profiles and internet addresses ("IP addresses") every day. We sometimes look at the messages sent between people with a profile. We do this if we are not sure whether people adhere to the agreed rules of conduct. In this way we ensure that everyone adheres to the rules of conduct. We try to recognize the behavior of people who commit fraud so that we can prevent and deal with fraud.
Also pay close attention to your safety. For example, meet in a public place or call someone before you make an appointment.
Make the website friendly to use
We use personal data to properly and quickly link supply and demand. We do this by combining and examining the data. We use the results of these studies to make the website even better. We help everyone with that! What exactly do we do?
- We measure how visitors use the websites. We also measure the result of a campaign or of an improvement. If possible, we will adjust that immediately.
- We measure whether people are satisfied when they use the website. Every year we send all people with an active profile on one of our websites an email and ask them to answer the questions in the survey. With this we want to improve the website and the use of the website. These are so-called 'qualitative' and 'quantitative' studies. This means that we ask questions to people with a profile on our websites and measure numbers.
- We find out how an error arose and resolve the error. We improve web pages and forms..
- We make reports of our research and new ideas. This enables us to improve our services and processes, both online and offline.
When investigating, we delete the personal data that we do not need. For example, we want to know how many messages people send on average. We don't need names or dates of birth for that, so we don't need to save those either. We bundle data at a certain level of abstraction (aggregate), encrypt (pseudonymize) or make it anonymous. We do this, for example, to be able to make and investigate a report for every local website.
We place people with the same characteristics or behavior in certain groups. We call these groups profiles. People who offer help in a personal capacity expect something different from our websites than people who use the website on behalf of an organization. In this way we can tailor the websites and our marketing to the profiles of the people.
Then you will automatically receive messages from our platform by e-mail. For example, if your supply or demand expires and you can extend it. Or if you have received a new message or receive a thank you from someone. Sometimes we give tips if we see that you have not yet found a match via the website. In this way we help you to get the most out of the website. You can unsubscribe from the different types of notifications by logging in and clicking on “My settings”.
Carry out marketing activities
We like to keep our visitors up to date with news about volunteering, neighborly help and our websites. We do this by sending newsletters or personal advertisements. Sometimes personal data is also required for this.
- We check whether you are a volunteer, organization or requester in order to be able to show the correct content on the websites or via e-mail.
- We store which categories you have marked as interesting on the website. This allows us to send you a suitable offer.
- We register when you were last logged in. We coordinate actions or send you e-mails based on your activity.
With the newsletter we keep you informed of our developments: News from the region regarding voluntary work and voluntary help, new developments on the website, user surveys or offers. The newsletter is sent by the website where you registered yourself. We will only send you these newsletters with your permission. You can sign up for the newsletter with or without an account on our website. You can easily unsubscribe via the link at the bottom of the newsletter in the email.
If you give us permission to place cookies, we can see what you do on our websites. We can then show you advertisements that might match your interests, and you can share information via social media. Read all about our cookies here >
Would you rather not receive personal advertisements (that match your interests)? No problem, you can easily adjust your cookie settings >
If you give us your phone number, we can make it easier to use the service and make it easier to find you. A photo with your profile also helps to find a match faster. No less than 89% of people with a profile on our websites say in surveys that they think a profile picture is important. People are more likely to respond to a question or offer if there is a photo. Phone number and photo are not required.
We may send marketing and promotional materials about our products and services to. If you no longer want us to use your information for direct marketing, you can change this in your profile. You can also unsubscribe via the link in the email you received.
Unsubscribe from emails
You can unsubscribe from our emails by following the instructions at the bottom of each promotional email. If you unsubscribe, you can continue to use the platform. We still send you the emails that are important for using the website. We will also continue to use your personal data as described in this privacy statement.
We will comply with your request as soon as possible after receipt of the request. If you are not willing to provide this personal data, or do not want us to process this data, this will not have any negative consequences for your use of our matching platform. You can just keep using it.